Are you finding that your students have basic misconceptions about fractional parts?
Fair sharing story problems are a great way to dive into fractions with your students! They naturally bring up rich, real-world discussion and are a developmentally appropriate way for your students to develop their conceptual understanding of what a fraction is.
- Ideas on how to hook your students and set up the lesson
- 2 types of problems (problems with more people than items and problems with more items than people)
- A sequence of problems that builds by difficulty
- 13 different story problems in all
- A challenge page to extend learning