Sorry I wrote so much, but I want you to know exactly what you're getting here. This is a complete set of 10 worksheets on various aspects of fractions. Here is what you'll receive:
Page 1 - reducing fractions from the WRITTEN WORD; the fractions are all written out in words thus making students "think" more for their answers; (20 examples)
Page 2 - true or false reducing fractions; again, fractions are WRITTEN OUT IN WORDS, but students are given the answers and must respond true or false as to whether the answer is correct; not as easy as it sounds; (20 examples)
Page 3 - Fraction Balloons! Students must match fractions in balloons with their equivalent answers in boxes; (15 examples)
Page 4 - lowest common denominators; students must select the factor that is NOT a common factor of a given number; not easy; (16 examples)
Page 5 - lowest common denominators; students must write the LCD for a set of fractions; (24 examples)
Page 6 - Equivalent Fractions #1 - difficult and challenging; "How many twenty fourths would five sixths equal?" (13 examples)
Page 7 - Equivalent Fractions #2 - fill in the boxes with the missing numbers to make each fraction equivalent; (15 examples)
Page 8 - Equivalent Fractions #3 - fill in the missing blanks for: "one third = _________ ninths?"; (12 examples)
Page 9 - True or False Equivalent Fractions Challenge! Not for the beginner! "is fourteen sixteenths equivalent to seven eighths?" (20 examples)
Page 10 - Mixed and Improper fractions; students write opposite of what is given; (24 examples)
The thumbnails only show you 4 of the worksheets - see the download preview for a great sampling of all 10 of them.
Your download of 20 pages includes answers. Decorated for fun. By David Filipek.
* ALSO AVAILABLE FOR YOU - CLICK ANY LINK YOU WANT:
- POWERPOINT “FRACTIONS ARE FUN”
- Designed as a whole-class lesson this Powerpoint gets students actively involved in the answers. Great activity with great graphics will keep students engaged. NOT for the beginner!
- FRACTIONS FUN QUIZ!
- 25 written QUESTIONS all dealing with fractions! These are NOT EXAMPLES, but actual questions about fractions and their properties. Challenge your students as they have a little FUN! They might even learn something from this!
- ROUNDING DECIMALS PLUS!
- 54 examples in all to round PLUS 12 EXTRA examples using < and > comparing decimals with one another. Rounding is up to hundred thousandths. Plenty of great practice and reinforcement.
* * * GREAT TEACHING TO YOU!