Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
13.79 MB | 36 pages
This Mega Pack has everything you need to teach Mixed Numbers, Improper Fractions, and Fractions on a Number Line.
*Understanding Fractions Part 2 flipchart:
(This flipchart can also be used with Smartboards or other IWB if you download ActivInspire—it’s free. See below for directions).
This Promethean ActivInspire flipchart contains two interactive lessons: Fractions Greater Than a Whole and Fractions on a Number Line.
*Fractions Greater Than a Whole:
• Learn why three-halves is the same as one and one-half when K.D. and Felix equally share 3 whole pizzas.
• Students practice using virtual manipulatives to model mixed numbers and improper fractions in a variety of real-world situations.
• After several pages of interactive practice, students can use ActivExpressions (or index cards with letters a-f printed on them) to play a game matching improper fractions, mixed numbers, and pictures.
*Fractions on a Number Line:
• Use the Piratescope to look beneath the fraction number line.
• Step by step instructions "magically" appear when you click on the Pirate Parrots.
• Use the fraction number line to go on a treasure hunt!
• Students use ActivExpressions and complete self-correcting activity in which they fill in the missing fraction on the number line—complete with fun sound effects!
BE SURE TO READ THE PAGE NOTES!
*I Have, Who Has? game for improper and mixed numbers:
• Available in grayscale and color, this 20 card game provides practice with matching improper fractions and mixed numbers, complete with graphics.
Pizza fraction clip art
*Pizza Fraction Graphics:
• In both grayscale and color, pizza fractions are available in whole pizzas, halves, thirds, fourths, sixths, and eighths. Print on card stock have students cut them out use to model improper fractions and mixed numbers while you model on the ActivBoard.
• Two printables to practice/assess the lessons in the flipchart. Both use images and concepts from the flipchart, and both are on the flipchart so that you can go over the answers as a class.
To use with Smartboards:
1.) Go to this link: http://support.prometheanplanet.com/server.php?show=nav.19251&changeCountry=United+States
2.) Click the Download tab. Register with Promethean Planet (it doesn't take long, and you'll have access to tens of thousands of resources!)
3.) Download ActivInspire.
If you have any trouble with this, please let me know in the Ask a Question section and I will get back to you right away!