Fractions - Interactive Journal.
This Interactive Math Journal for fractions contains notes and fold-its to teach your students about what is a fraction, equivalent fractions, comparing fractions, relating fractions to decimals and adding fractions with denominators of 10 and 100. These pages can be used to introduce a concept or as an activity to review key points of a math lesson. This Interactive Math Journal will make a great reference tool for students to use throughout the school year. Please check the topics covered below as not all topics pertaining to fractions are covered. Also if you bought my Interactive Math Journal for Place Value or Operations they’re a few pages that are the same. For example: the cover pages, and table of contents.
This unit contains a “starter kit” for teaching fractions. What’s included:
• Achievement indicators and I can statements for various fractions concepts.
• Notes and fold-its to complete a double-page spread for each concept or skill. There are pictures of each finished entry to show what the completed pages will look like. (Please check the preview for more details as to what is included in this unit)
• One QR code activity to go with the concept of comparing fractions that is being taught in the journal.
• Three exit cards to use as a method of assessing a student’s understanding of fractions.
Fraction topics covered are:
• What is a fraction? (Quick review)
• Types of fractions
• Using models
• Multiplying by a form of 1
• Using pictures, numbers and words
• Same numerators or same denominator
• Number lines
Relating Fractions to Decimals (tenths and hundredths)
• Using decimal squares
• Adding fractions with denominators of 10 and 100
Note: If you already purchased my Fraction File there are 3 fold-its (Fraction Sort, Comparing fractions flip-book and the equivalent fractions fold-it) that are the same. There are 15 other activities that would be new. You may wish to look at the preview before purchasing this file.
“I Can” statements to meet Common Core Standards 4.NF.1, 4.NF.2, 4.NF.5, and 4.NF.6
★ Comparing Fractions Using Number Lines and Benchmarks
★ Fractions - Snowman Math Center
★ Fractions Booklet
★ Fractions Lapbook
★ Fractions Snowman
★ Fractions Solve & Scan Freebie
Any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com