Fractions – Making a Fraction Farm
At the end of this Fractions – Making a Fraction Farm
your students will have produced a farm to use to guide them through fractions, decimals and percentages. Each step is clearly explained and supported by resources in the pack.
Included in this PowerPoint are
- Curriculum Standards for Common Core and Aus Curric
- A description of what Project Based Learning is
- A Learning Intention – ‘I will show what I know about fractions
- The Nine Steps
a) What do we know about fractions using manipulatives? Photo of examples provided. Fraction wall graphics included.
b) A rubric for assessment to track progress and give feedback throughout the unit.
c) Designing the farm for fraction work – determining scale and size of animal or crop fields. Examples provided to explore before students develop their own farm.
d) Discovering more about fractions through INB pages
e) Accumulating more knowledge – develop your own posters about knowledge – examples provided.
f) Comparing fractions- decimals – percentages
g) Presenting the work with guidelines
h) Reflecting on my work through a written response
- Extra resources – Fraction Walls, Fractions posters that include – vocabulary, equivalent fractions and the four operations
I use these steps for Project Based Learning in my teaching and learning space.
1. Setting the stage for the learning that is about to happen and make a link back to a real life scenario
2. The teacher negotiates the criteria for evaluating the projects
3. Students become project designers
4. Students discuss information needed for their designs
5. Students accumulate the materials necessary for the project
6. Students create their projects
7. Students prepare to present their projects
8. Students present their projects
9. Students reflect on the process and evaluate the projects based on the agreed criteria
Please read the description and download the preview before purchasing. The preview clearly shows you what is included in this pack.
COPYRIGHT ©2017 Paula’s Place
This product is for personal use in one classroom only. To share or use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be shared or distributed without consent from the author.
Be the first to know about my discounts, sales, free resources and new products: Look for the green star at the top of my store to ★Follow Me★
Don’t forget to get TPT credit to use on your future purchases:
I value your feedback. It helps me to make resources that meet your needs.
♥ Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
If you like what you see, follow me here @:
Paula’s Place - Blog
Paula’s Place - Facebook
Paula’s Place - Instagram
Paula’s Place - Pinterest