Fractions Math Curriculum: Unit 7 THIRD GRADE
What educators are saying
Also included in
- I love, love, love this curriculum and I am so glad that I invested in it. I love the way it is organized. Everything was thought of with the lessons, problem sets, homework, and exit tickets. My students are engaged and are finding success in understanding the concepts being taught. - Alissa S., 3rPrice $180.00Original Price $225.00Save $45.00
- This bundle includes EVERYTHING you need to teach math workshop in third grade including lesson plans, interactive mini-lessons, student printables, small group activities, assessments, and project-based learning activities, a complete fact fluency program with mixed-fact practice, and 90 done-for-yPrice $225.00Original Price $304.50Save $79.50
Not all math curriculum is awful. Just sum. Ba-da-bum!
But when it is bad, it is very, very bad. And unfortunately, a lot of traditional math curriculum is very, very bad. It’s overly complex, too long, impossible to differentiate, difficult to manage, and, frankly, not much fun. It can be hard to wade through all the extras and find the most valuable parts of the lesson. You don’t have time to read dozens of pages in the teacher manual and there are way too many different pieces to prep. Ugh!
If that sounds like your math curriculum, you’re in luck. Because now you have an alternative that is very, very good. A math curriculum that you and your students will LOVE!
Our Third Grade Math Units were designed to be teacher and student-friendly. Think of them as your one-stop shop for math lessons that are fun, engaging, and easy to prep.
These comprehensive units have everything you need to teach all of the third-grade standards.
Each ready to teach unit comes with instructional PowerPoints for each mini-lesson, daily student activities that are effective and engaging, key vocabulary, task cards, a math game, anchor charts, problems sets and homework, complete lesson plans, helpful resources like, interactive notebook pages, number lines, and more! There’s no reason to look anywhere else.
This Third Grade Fractions Unit is the Seventh Unit in our third-grade math curriculum. It includes 30 days of complete lessons on unit fractions, fractions on a number line, fractions equal to a whole, fractions greater than a whole, whole number fractions, equivalent fractions, comparing fractions with like denominators, comparing fractions with like numerators, and word problems involving fractions. And at just $1.25 per day, this no-prep unit is quite the deal! Even if you already have a math curriculum, this unit will save you tons of time and headaches and will make teaching math so much more fun.
**************************** This resource is part of a money-saving bundle. Click HERE to see the entire bundle.
- The “At a Glance” calendar shows which lesson is being taught each day of the unit.
- Vocabulary cards help students learn new vocabulary.
- A pre-assessment lets you know what prior knowledge your students already have.
- Anchor charts provide helpful reminders for new skills and strategies.
- Daily lesson plans and activities for small group instruction make lesson planning a breeze.
- Instructional PowerPoints ensure that daily mini-lessons are interactive and easy to prepare.
- Each lesson includes student problem sets and homework.
- Exit tickets for each lesson make share time easy and allow you to do a quick formative assessment.
- A café-themed project-based learning activity offers an engaging real-world based review.
- 12 Interactive notebook pages to use during the small group lesson.
- The unit includes helpful tools and resources: for students to reference when identifying equivalent fractions, comparing fractions, and partitioning shapes as well!
- A math game that provides extra practice in a fun and engaging format that students love.
- Task cards are included for use in centers or as a whole group activity.
- A comprehensive assessment with questions modeled after standardized tests allows students to practice important skills while you assess learning. We’ve also included a scoring rubric which makes it easy to see which skills students still need to master at a glance.
- A FAQs section provides answers to commonly asked questions about the resource and helps you get started right away.
- Day 1: Pre-assessment & unit fractions
- Days 2-3: unit fractions
- Days 4-6: fractions on a number line
- Days 7-8: fractions that equal one whole
- Days 9-10: fractions greater than one
- Days 11-12: fractions greater than one on a number line
- Days 13-14: whole number fractions
- Day 15: whole number fractions on a number line
- Day 16: review
- Days 17-18: equivalent fractions
- Days 19-21: equivalent fractions on a number line
- Days 22-23: comparing fractions with like denominators
- Days 24-26: comparing fractions with like numerators
- Days 27-28: word problems
- Day 29: project base learning review
- Day 30: Assessment
How to Use It in the Classroom:
- You can use the PowerPoint mini-lesson for your whole group instruction. Project on the whiteboard and have students participate in the interactive lesson. Each PowerPoint includes a warm-up activity, fact fluency, new skill instruction, a center rotation schedule, and the exit ticket.
- Complete class activities as a whole group, independently, or with partners.
- Use the meet the teacher lesson activities for small group instruction,
- Use the problem sets for independent work and task cards, and/or the game for centers.
- Use the exit tickets for share time or as a quick assessment.
- Each lesson should take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Check out these additional units:
Unit 3: Addition & Subtraction
Unit 5: Division
Unit 6: Area & Perimeter
Additional Resources You Might Like:
Q: Is this a full-year curriculum?
A: No, this resource is only the Third Grade Fractions, Unit 7. It includes six weeks of math lessons designed to teach fractions, comparing fractions, fractions on a number line, equivalent fractions, and word problems involving fractions. You can find the year-long bundle of math curriculum here.
Q; Are there other units available?
A: Yes. Currently, Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 are in the store, and additional units will be added throughout the year.
Q: What skills does this unit cover?
A: This unit on fractions covers identifying fractions, comparing fractions, fractions on a number line, equivalent fractions, and word problems involving fractions.
Q: What grade is this for?
A: This unit was created with grade 3 standards in mind.
Q: Do you have a math curriculum for other grade levels?
A: Unfortunately, at this time we do not have a math curriculum for other grades. But please check out our math centers.