Hello and welcome to another installment of our Fractions mini-bundle series! In this packet (which is taken from our larger Fractions Bundle
) we explore the concepts and strategies involved in comparing fractions.
We've got links to more Fractions mini-bundles down below, but for now let's jump into what you can look forward to with this packet.
Here's What's Inside:
* Comparing Fractions pgs 19-20
* Comparing Fractions Using "Bottoms Up!" pgs 21-22
* Comparing Fractions pgs 23-24
Here's what we provide:
* Mini-Lesson: Learn the Skill
-Skill is laid out in an easily digestible format with vocabulary, definitions, diagrams and an example problem. Students have this tool at their fingertips while completing the assignment.
* Use What You Know: Apply the Skill
-Offers immediate reinforcement of the skill. Questions approach problems from more than one angle to ensure full understanding.
* Show What You Know: Word Problems
-This section helps students practice determining what a question is asking them, as well as how to recognize and use key words.
* Write What You Know: Writing in Math
-This section helps students practice expressing their reasoning strategies in complete sentences.
* Prove What You Know: Test Prep
-Students can never be TOO ready for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests, so here they practice good test-taking strategies with multiple choice questions.
* Spiral Review
-Kids' brains are like sponges, but knowledge can leak back out if they don't re-soak, so to speak. This review dusts the cobwebs off of earlier units.
* Answer Key
-Time is money (or rest, or quality time with your family, or really whatever you want to spend it doing), so we always include answer keys for the teacher-on-the-go!
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome!
Check out our Fractions Mini-Bundle series:
* Fractions Mini-Bundle: Equal Parts and Identifying Fractions
* Fractions Mini-Bundle: Fractions of a Set
* Fractions Mini-Bundle: Equivalent Fractions
* Fractions Mini-Bundle: Comparing Fractions
* Fractions Mini-Bundle: Fractions on a Number Line
* Fractions Mini-Bundle: Additional Fractions Skills and Practice
If you're looking for more handouts,
why not try our Perimeter Mini-Bundle
? We also have an Area Mini-Bundle
. We're sure you'll enjoy them :).
Following, Rating and Earning Credits
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.