This file contains 10 Scavenger Hunts over Multiplying and Dividing Fractions and Mixed numbers. Topics range from simple proper fractions to mixed numbers and improper fractions. I tried to cover the main topics in this subject, but if there is something big that you feel was left out then please let me know and I will add them to the pack for everyone to use at no extra charge.
A scavenger hunt is a more engaging and mobile alternative to just giving the students a worksheet. Each Scavenger Hunt contains between 10 and 14 problems.
The Scavenger Hunts in this pack are listed below:
1 -Multiplying Fractions - Easier Problems
2 -Multiplying Fractions - Harder Problems
3a* - Multiplying Fractions and Whole Numbers Scavenger Hunt-Improper Fraction Answers
3b* - Multiplying Fractions and Whole Numbers Scavenger Hunt - Mixed Number Answers
4 - Proper and Improper Fractions
5 - Multiplying mixed numbers
6 - Dividing Fractions - Easier Problems
7 - Dividing Fractions - Harder Problems
8 - Dividing Mixed Numbers
9 - Review - Multiplying and Dividing Fractions Scavenger Hunt- Easier Problems
10 - Review - Multiplying and Dividing Fractions and Mixed Numbers Scavenger Hunt
*3a and 3b have the same questions, the answers are just in different formats depending on how you require students to simplify improper fractions.
To use the scavenger hunt:
1) The slides are currently in order so that the question on the bottom half of each slide is answered on the top half of the next slide.
2) Print out all the slides and post them up randomly around the room or in the hall
3) The 1st slide is your key so don't post that one :)
4) Students start at any sheet and answer the question at the bottom. Their answer will be the number at the top of a _different_ sheet. That sheet is the next one they will solve. This continues until they are back at where they started.
5) Have students write down what the picture is for each question, as they go, so that they can quickly tell you the order when they're done (or when they think they're lost), so you can check it against your answer key.
Each different scavenger hunt has a different theme ranging from insects to jobs to cars and more.
If you have any questions/comments/compliments then please let me know! I'm currently teaching middle school Algebra so I'm doing this in my free time (what little of it there is, heh). :)