Are fractions a mystery to your students? Need some extra practice? This multiplying fractions activity includes 56 task cards will provide plenty of practice for your students/. Set 1 (Green) has 28 visual fractions for help in understanding how multiplying fractions actually happens. Set 2 (Blue) are 28 problems to work out and simplify where needed. An answer sheet and six extra practice pages are included in this packet. The first two pages match the visual cards in set 1. The last 4 pages are extra practice in multiplying fractions. The cards are in color, but have been tested and will print well in black and white.
Ideas for using these task cards:
1) Use in a center.
2) Use for small group instruction.
3) Use as assessment for checking student's ability to move on to the next skill.
4) Set out for use by those who finish their work early.
5) Use for partner work. Students choose a card and their partner works the problem out on a white board or scrap paper. Check each others answers.
6) Use these as a part of whole class lessons.
7) Play Scoot!
There's more where these came from! Check out some of my other task cards for math!
Fraction Files - Equivalent Fractions Task Cards
Fraction Files - Comparing Fractions Task Cards
Fraction Files - Solving for the Missing Variable Fractions Task Cards
Fraction Files - Ordering Fractions Task Cards
Fraction Files - Converting Mixed Numbers to Improper Fractions Task Cards
Fraction Files - Converting Improper Fractions to Mixed Numbers Task Cards
Fraction Files - Simplifying Fractions Task Cards
Fraction Files - Add & Subtract Fractions with Like Denominators Task Cards
Thank you for visiting my store! Don't forget to leave feedback on your purchase to get points toward future purchases on TPT!