Level 1 Task Cards: Two-Sided Problems Solving Task Cards provide the independent practice and immediate feedback needed for students to develop mastery.
Level 1 Concepts and Skills
• Identifying fractional part of a shaded model
• Identifying fractional part of a group of figures
note: Cards can be printed without answers as needed
Contents include 18 two-sided problem solving Task cards.
(problem on one side / answer on the back) Recommend printing cards at each level on different colored card stock and laminating.
This kit has proven to be an effective tool when providing self-paced structured remediation of skills, concepts, and problem solving applications.
After having received a lesson specific to each level, students work problems and check their answers which are on the back of each card. In cases where a student learns an answer is not correct they can reference their Fraction Review Cards for a quick independent reteach. After a student has independently gotten 3 or 4 problems correct he / she can request testing out which should occur the next day / session. (testing out on the same day does not demonstrate mastery)
Related Materials Include:
* Fraction Review Task Card: Review cards make great reference notes, homework support, and test prep. With the problem on one side and step by step problem solving directions on the back, students are able to practice their problem solving skills independently and parents better able to support instruction at home.
* Fraction Problem Solving Mini Lessons: These lessons provide students with step by step problem solving examples that they can easily reference during the lessons and when working independently. With two worksheets per level students can be provided with homework that exactly matches the days lesson. Additional mixed review worksheets provide the needed reteach and reinforcement needed for mastery.
* Fraction Problem Solving Classroom Activities: Scavenger Hunts and Gallery Walks are a fun way to actively engage students in mixed practice activities.