FRACTIONS REVIEW & REINFORCEMENT
There is A LOT of great work here for your students. This is a complete set of 10 worksheets on various aspects of fractions. Here is what you'll receive:
Page 1 - Reducing Fractions from the WRITTEN WORD; fractions are written out IN WORDS thus making students "think" more for their answers; (20 examples)
Page 2 - True or False Reducing Fractions; again, fractions are WRITTEN OUT IN WORDS but students are given the answers and must respond true or false as to whether the answer is correct; harder than it sounds; (20 examples)
Page 3 - Fraction Balloons! Students must match fractions in balloons with their equivalent answers in boxes; great reinforcement in reducing to lowest terms; (15 examples)
Page 4 - "LCD MISFITS" lowest common denominators; students must select the factor that is NOT a common factor of a given number; not easy; (16 examples)
Page 5 - Lowest Common Denominators; students must write the LCD for a set of fractions; good basic work; (24 examples)
Page 6 - Equivalent Fractions #1 - difficult and challenging; example: "How many twenty fourths would five sixths equal?" (13 examples written out like this)
Page 7 - Equivalent Fractions #2 - fill in the boxes with the missing numbers to make each fraction equivalent; again, basic good work; (15 examples)
Page 8 - Equivalent Fractions #3 - fill in the missing blanks WITH WORDS; examples: "one third = _________ ninths?"; will test their ability to make fractions equivalent; (12 examples)
Page 9 - True or False Equivalent Fractions Challenge! NOT FOR THE BEGINNER! example: "is fourteen sixteenths equivalent to seven eighths?" (20 examples written out like this)
Page 10 - Mixed & Improper fractions; students write the opposite of what is given; (24 examples)
The thumbnails only show you 4 of these worksheets - see download preview for a great sampling of all 10 of them. These are all original self-made worksheets for your classroom. Your download of 20 pages includes answers. By David Filipek
* AlSO AVAILABLE FOR YOU OR A COLLEAGUE! - CLICK ANY LINK YOU WANT:
- NUMBER LINE POWERPOINT LESSON
- 50 slide Powerpoint LESSON dealing with the number line and positive and negative numbers. Designed as a whole-class lesson getting students actively involved in the answers. 5 different sections including less than and greater than. Great graphics and animation will hold their attention. Different and effective lesson! The Number Line!
- FRACTIONS ARE FUN POWERPOINT!
- Designed as a whole-class lesson getting students actively involved in the answers. Great activity and great graphics. Enhance your unit!
- FRACTIONS FUN QUIZ!
- 25 written QUESTIONS all dealing with fractions! NOT EXAMPLES, but actual questions. Challenge your students as they have a little FUN!
* * * GREAT TEACHING TO YOU!