This fraction unit covers current fourth grade standards. If your old fractions lessons are in need of an update, take a look at the preview! Lessons are presented in easy to read, narrative format. Photos of classroom implementation are included. You'll see anchor charts as well as hands on activities to help you support your own students.
1. Hands on activities to find equivalents for one half
2. Helping students discover and create their own algorithm to find equivalent fractions. This helps them explain their thinking and support their answers.
3. Using one half as a benchmark fraction to compare and order fractions
4. Hands on activities to find equivalent fractions
5. Finding simplest form and specific fractions
6. Interpreting mixed numbers and improper fractions
7. Fraction of a set
This product contains:
★ 10 days worth of lessons (16 pages).
★ 18 worksheets with answer sheets. The lesson plans refer to which sheets you need for each day. They are ordered accordingly.
★ Equivalent Fractions Game: Trading Fractions
, Benchmark Fraction Coloring
, Fraction of a Set Task Cards Bundle of 3
games and activities. These activities are sold as stand alone activities, (you can preview them by following the links) and included with this product for no additional cost.