Fifteen fraction worksheets to help teach fractions to first grade students are contained in this pack. The worksheets do not use the fraction symbol to avoid early confusion over fractions.
Teach and consolidate the following fraction concepts:
Equal or Unequal (CCSS 1.G.A.3)
Children develop an understanding that fractions are equal parts as they identify equal and unequal parts.
1. Cut and paste the shapes into the correct columns.
2. Color the shapes that show equal parts.
Wholes and Halves (CCSS 1.G.A.3)
Children develop an understanding of halves through partitioning shapes into two equal pieces and sorting halves and wholes.
1. Partition the Shapes
2. Cut and paste the fraction cards into the correct columns.
3. Color one half of each shape.
4. Interactive notebook - Children partition the shapes into halves.
Quarters/Fourths (CCSS 1.G.A.3)
Children are introduced to quarters. These worksheets help them identify quarters, partition shapes into quarters, and identify quarters, halves and wholes in a set. Equivalence is also introduced.
1. Partition the shapes into quarters.
2. Color the shapes that show quarters.
3. Color 1 quarter of each shape.
4. Cut and paste the shapes into the correct columns.
5. Interactive notebook - Children partition the shapes into quarters.
6. Cut and paste fractions of a set using wholes, halves and quarters.
7. Color the pictures to match the fractions (fractions of a set).
8. Color 1 half and 2 quarters and record the findings. (Equivalence of fractions)
9. Identify the pictures that have half of the shape colored and record the ways the fraction can be written. (Equivalence of fractions)
This pack can be found in Fraction games, worksheets and posters
Fraction games - 7 games for grade 1
7 Fraction games to consolidate the early learning of fractions
Become a follower and take advantage of my Early Bird Special. All new products are 50% off for the first day of listing
Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
Would you like to receive TPT credit to use on future purchases?
Just go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.