The sorting cards included in this resource allow students to practice representing fractions and decimals on a number line (aligned with Virginia Mathematics SOL 4.3, but applicable to any classroom). These sorts work well as a pre-assessment, classwork/homework assignment, review, or post-assessment. Students can sort the cards face-up into pairs or play games like Memory/Concentration and Go Fish.
Six different sets are included:
- fractions (halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, and tenths; only the endpoints are labeled)
- fractions (eighths, tenths, and twelfths)
- decimals (tenths, quarters, and whole numbers; only the endpoints are labeled)
- decimals (tenths and hundredths)
- decimals (thousandths)
- fractions and decimals (this is meant to be a little more challenging)
Each set includes a worksheet that students can use to glue the cards when they are finished sorting them and an answer key. The sorting card sheets are mixed up so that students can cut apart the cards without seeing the correct groupings.
Students can also use these cards to practice comparing and ordering fractions and decimals as well as finding equivalent fractions/decimals. For a more challenging activity, students can combine different sets.
Thanks for visiting my store!
You might want to also check out my other math products here