Fractions on a Number Line Activities
4 Activity Sheets
32 number line cards, 32 fraction cards, game board, instruction card, and an answer key
1. Students take turns reading a number line card and identifying the fraction card that matches the missing fraction on the number line card.
2. Students move along the game board as they correctly make a match.
3. The first player to reach the end is the winner!
1. Students can use the cards and play as a memory matching game.
2. Have students read the number line cards and record their responses on paper. Students can check their own work by using the provided answer key.
1. What's Missing?
2. Fraction Fun
3. Comparing Fractions
4. Empty Number Lines
All you will need are the templates provided (photocopy for students), paper, colored pencils/crayons, tape/glue, yarn, and paperclips.
Students color, cut, and paste different fractions on pieces of clothing to make a 'clothesline fraction number line'. Detailed instructions are included. In order to allow for differentiated instruction, three different levels of this activity are provided.
Answer keys are provided for the game and all activity sheets.
CSL...a teacher's helper