This is a scoot or shuffle game that teaches fractions on a number line. Basically is it a worksheet, where you put each problem card on a different desk or around the room. Students rotate from desk to desk solving each math problem. They get to move around and have fun while learning math. My 3rd graders love these games!
Directions for Shuffle Activity
1. Copy pages 2 and 3 for every student.
. Print pages 4 through 9 onto construction paper or cardstock. These pages need to be cut into individual cards. You will have 24 place value cards that you can re-use year after year.
3. Put one card on each child’s desk in your classroom. If you do not have 24 students, either use the same amount of cards as you have students/desks, or put the extra cards in other places in the room.
4. Students will complete the problem on their desk and put the answer on the copied grid page.
5. Give students a set amount of time (I usually do 30 seconds to 1 minute) and then say “SHUFFLE…” to signal to students to switch to the next desk.
6. Continue this until students have “SHuFFLE-d” to every desk and completed every place value card.
All purchases intended for single classroom use only. Graphics purchased from Scrappin Doodles. Thanks and happy teaching!