Also included in
- Readers' Theater - Fairy tales readers' theater for grades 3, 4, 5 & 6: Fairy tales are fun. Fractured fairy tales readers' theater is even better! This 147-page readers' theater Fairy Tales Bonus Bundle takes four traditional fairy tales and turns them on their heads.The bundle of readers' thea$12.75$15.00Save $2.25
- 10-script bundle of fractured fairy tales readers' theater and Greek mythology readers' theater scripts for grades 3, 4, 5 & 6. This double-bonus mega bundle includes four fractured fairy tales, three traditional (but funny!) Greek myths, and three corresponding mangled Greek myths readers' thea$21.95$27.00Save $5.05
- Pirate-themed bundle of reading and writing activities for a pirate unit or to help celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day (every September 19th!).The bundle of pirate activities includes three products:>The Three Little Pigs becomes . . . THE THREE PIRATE PIGS (6-page fractured fairy tal$10.45$12.25Save $1.80
"The Three Pirate Pigs" readers' theater fractured fairy tale script & activities fit perfectly into grades 3, 4, 5 & 6. This fractured retelling of "The Three Little Pigs" can be incorporated into a fairy tale or folklore unit. The literacy toolkit includes the following:
>"The Three Pirate Pigs": 6-page script for 5-8 readers
>"The Three Pirate Pigs" ~ Talk-Like-a-Pirate-Day Version: An alternate version of the script that has extra-pirate-y dialogue for the role of the wolf
>Sound Effects: Cue Cards
>Vocabulary: Word Work activity
>Fractured Fairy Tales Compare & Contrast graphic organizer activity
>The Three Little Pigs Leveled Reading List of both traditional and fractured fairy tale retellings
>Readers' Theater Weekly Practice Checklist
>An overview of readers' theater & the four elements of fluent reading
*This toolkit can also be a fun "International Talk Like a Pirate Day" activity every September 19th!
Readers' theater (also spelled "reader's theatre") is a terrific teaching tool for developing students' reading fluency, and students will enjoy this fractured fairy tales readers' theater script, which includes sound effects for optional audience participation. Cue cards are provided that students can use to cue the audience for a unique, interactive readers' theater performance.
The script also includes a list of “Watch-out words!” This feature highlights challenging words for which students may need help as they practice. These words make terrific candidates for classroom vocabulary instruction.
If you choose to do script-based vocabulary instruction, the Word Work vocabulary activity included with the script uses four of the “Watch-out words!” for more in-depth vocabulary study. A Sample Answer Key is included.
If you want to strengthen students' skills with comparing and contrasting, you can use The Three Little Pigs Compare & Contrast graphic organizer activity to have students compare the traditional Three Little Pigs fairy tale with the fractured version. A Sample Answer Key is included.
For students who want even more fairy tale fun, a leveled booklist of a wide assortment of traditional and fractured fairy tale The Three Little Pigs-based stories is provided.
For a classroom reading block, readers’ theater can be used as a student-monitored station during small-group instructional time, and my literacy toolkit includes a Weekly Practice Checklist that provides a framework for students’ day-by-day practice.
A basic overview of readers' theater is also provided, including information on the four essential components of reading fluency—accuracy, rate, phrasing, and expression.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
This readers' theater literacy toolkit is also available as part of the FAIRY TALES BONUS BUNDLE~SERIES 2, which contains 4 fractured fairy tales and LOADS of supplemental activities, including bundle-exclusive bonus resources. The bundle makes a great addition to any fractured fairy tales unit or folktales unit. Your students will enjoy the twists of the fractured fairy tales drama of The Three Little Pigs, Rumpelstiltskin, Goldilocks & the Three Bears, and Hansel & Gretel!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
In addition to this fractured fairy tale Three Little Pigs readers' theater script, I have many other scripts and readers' theater bundles: