Also included in
- These guided reading activities are great for making your literacy block fun and focused while also teaching 2nd grade reading comprehension and writing standards. This Guided Reading with a Purpose Month 7 Bundle includes reading comprehension and writing activities for 25 different mentor texts i$75.00$110.00Save $35.00
Compare and contrast fractured fairy tales and classic fairy tales with this guided reading comprehension bundle. This bundle features to compare with 5 different fractured fairy tales. This bundle focuses on the comprehension strategies of compare and contrast as well as story mapping. This bundle will have students bursting with creativity and desire to write their own fairy tales.
The 5 stories included in this bundle are:
- Hansel and Gretel
- The Princess and The Pea vs Princess and The Pizza
- Little Red Riding Hood vs Little Red
- The Three Little Pigs vs The True Story of The 3 Little Pigs
Each unit includes:
- Printable Classic Fairy Tale Retold
- a unique craft
- writing prompts
- graphic organizers
- story element posters
- anchor chart headers
- focused worksheets to deepen understanding of the story elements
- book talk questions
- home connection materials
- lesson plan ideas, activities, and more!
These fairy tale themed reading comprehension activities also lend perfectly to narrative writing curriculum.
⭐Read more about these units in my blog post, "Compare and Contrast Reading Passages from Fairy Tales"
Check out these other helpful Guided Reading with a Purpose Units...
► MONTH 1
► MONTH 2
► MONTH 3
► MONTH 4
► MONTH 5
► MONTH 6
► MONTH 7
► WEEK 2 Friendship Guided Reading Activities
► WEEK 7 Fall Guided Reading Activities
► WEEK 8 Halloween Guided Reading Activities
► WEEK 10 Insect and Bug Guided Reading Activities
► WEEK 11 Fall Turkey Guided Reading Activities
► WEEK 15 Gingerbread Guided Reading Activities
► WEEK 16 Polar Animals Guided Reading Activities
► WEEK 17 MLK and Dreams Guided Reading Activities
► WEEK 19 Penguins Guided Reading Activities
► WEEK 21 Feelings Guided Reading Activities