This pack includes two similar, but different, projects that my French I students completed in two different years. This project could (easily) be modified for a different level. It culminates in the "French world expo" (geography fair with a slightly cooler name). There is a lot of room for modification and flexibility with this project.
The purpose of both projects is to learn more about a francophone country. One of the projects was part of a unit that emphasized school, thus it has extra emphasis on the school system in the country.
Both included school-wide presentations, and both include rubrics. One project also includes a presentation of the school system in the target language, to be completed in the classroom. There is a link to a good speaking rubric that is very similar to the one that was used (I do not have rights to share the actual rubric).
Included in this pack:
- overview, including information on the fair presentation portion
- 2015 project and rubric, research and presentation of francophone country.
- 2016 project and rubric, research and presentation of francophone country, plus in-class presentation of school system in target language.
- possible vocab – words/phrases that students may need to present information about the school system in French
- sample scavenger hunt that may be used as a follow-up activity
- sign-up – list of all the countries
- tickets and invitations – To invite staff members and other students to the expo.
Please purchase multiple licenses if you plan to use this product throughout your department, level, district, or other group. Thank you!