This Freak the Mighty novel study complete unit includes all the activities you will need for your class novel study! Middle School students will love this unit while enhancing their literacy and writing skills AND enjoying a few creative projects along the way!
Freak the Mighty is one of my all-time favorite books to share with students. Not only is it a great story told through the fantastic voice of the character Max, but there are numerous literary skills that can be taught while reading the novel. This unit is perfect for middle school students whether in a traditional classroom or via distance learning!
12 Lesson Plans are included with each lesson is broken down with step-by-step instructions!
This complete Freak the Mighty Novel unit plan goes beyond basic comprehension questions and helps students to understand important literary terms and practice important and writing reading skills and strategies in the context of Freak the Mighty.
This is my go-to book to convince reluctant readers that reading can be FUN!
- General Teacher Guidelines and Instructions
- Unit Plan Overview
- 12 Lesson outlines with step-by-step teacher instructions (one for each lesson).
- Links to Engaging Google Slides Presentation that will guide you and your students through applicable lessons and the activities.
- Teacher Modeling and Guided Practice built into Slides Presentation.
- Class Discussion Points.
- Independent Practice Activities.
- Creative Assignments.
- Answer Keys (where applicable).
- Grading Rubrics.
- Instructions for accessing Google Slides Presentation
- Instructions for saving Google Slides Presentation as a PowerPoint Presentation.
- Critical Thinking
- Plot Structure
- Research / Inquiry
- Paragraph Writing
- Citing Evidence
- Making Connections
- Theme Analysis
- Voice in Writing
- Discussion Etiquette
- Strategic Argument
- Making Inferences
- Style in Writing
- Reading Informational Texts
- Character Analysis
- Reference Skills
- Character Education
- Vocabulary from the novel
You Might Also Like:
Did you know that TpT gives you credits towards future purchases when you leave feedback? Your feedback is so important to me as I try to provide the best products possible! Please go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to log in). Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click on the button and it will take you to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment. Thank you so much for providing valuable feedback!
Connect with Me!
Click on the "Follow Me" button on my store page to see all my latest products and updates!
Follow me on Instagram @mrs.nelson.teaches.
Follow me on Pinterest! Brenna Nelson