This novel study guide for chapters 1-5 of Freak the Mighty includes:
1. A student packet with comprehension questions, vocabulary study, and lesson on Figurative Language.
2. A keynote presentation on Figurative Language that includes metaphor, simile, personification, and hyperbole.
3. A vocabulary presentation that includes word, definition, and a picture to support the meaning.
4. An extra flashcard worksheet will help with vocabulary review and teaching study skills to students.
5. Chapters 1-5 test that will assess comprehension, vocabulary, and knowledge of figurative language.
6. Answer keys for the student packet and test are included.
When I am finished, there will be study guides for:
Each study guide has vocabulary, comprehension, one standards focus, and a test. It will also include any keynote presentations to help with instruction as well as answer keys.
Then I will also provide a bundle of all 5 study guides at a discounted price. Why so many study guides? I find it easier to grade in these chunks, and better for my students to be assessed more frequently. I guess its just my style and I hope you like it!
After teaching this section, it is a great time to teach the Archetype of a Hero, or the Stages of the Heroes Quest. I have a great resource for that. Please take a look at that resource in my store!
Everything is done for you! There is little to no prep that needs to be done if you purchase this resource!