NOTE: This puzzle is meant to be used after students have read the book.
Students solve this crossword by providing synonyms and antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from FREAK THE MIGHTY. Each clue contains a vocabulary word and the sentence it is used in from the book. Note: Because the answers are one word, for the most part, I recommend that students use a thesaurus rather than a dictionary to solve the puzzle.
“50,” Freak is saying. “When do we eat? My fuel cells are DEPLETED.” (ant.) ANSWER: full
21. At first I’m thinking the dope FIEND is back... (One who is ___; syn.) ANSWER: addicted
22. So mostly I just VEGETATE in the basement and pick my navel...
(2 words; ant.) ANSWER: keep busy
“Nicotine is a TOXIC waste of time.” (ant.) ANSWER: harmless
More challenging—and fun!—than a typical vocabulary crossword!
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
The 25 words in this puzzle are also listed and defined on the FREAK THE MIGHTY edition of Bookmarks Plus, which is listed below.
Also, these 25 words are contained in my FREAK THE MIGHTY 50-word Prereading Crossword, which includes 50 challenging words students will run across in the book. This product is listed below.
USE ALL THREE TO REINFORCE MEANING!
Here are my unique products over FREAK THE MIGHTY! View them in my store.
* Bookmarks Plus: FREAK THE MIGHTY edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Useful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* FREAK THE MIGHTY: 50-word Prereading Crossword—Familiarizes students with challenging words before they read the book! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Freak the Mighty edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Freak the Mighty Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
* FREAK THE MIGHTY: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmark Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
Word-Wise Educational Products
—more than 800 unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!