Also included in
- Are you looking for fun end of year reading activities? Rap songs are the answer! Based on history rap songs, these activities will keep your students engaged using song lyrics as reading passages while reinforcing skills such as using timelines, sequencing, and context clues. Easily incorporate the$21.00$31.00Save $10.00
- Keep your students engaged using rap songs as biography reading passages with questions! Based on history rap songs, the passages in this bundle explore the lives and accomplishments of historical figures using biographical and autobiographical points of view and include timeline, context clues, syn$18.00$27.50Save $9.50
- Are you looking to integrate social studies with language arts activities? Rap songs are your answer! Based on history rap songs, these activities will help you add more history into your ELA curriculum. Easily incorporate these activities into independent work or complete them together as a class l$26.00$39.25Save $13.25
- Do you want to integrate more black history reading passages into your lessons? Rap songs are your solution! Based on black history rap songs, these activities will keep your students engaged using song lyrics as reading passages while they practice a variety of reading skills! If you're looking to$40.00$59.25Save $19.25
- Keep your students engaged using rap songs as Black history biographies with reading comprehension activities! Based on Black history rap songs, these biographical songs explore the lives of empowering, Black history figures and feature a variety of reading activities. If you're looking to add some$32.00$48.00Save $16.00
- Are you looking to integrate civil rights leaders into your reading lessons in an engaging way for your students? This is your solution! This bundle uses history rap songs to teach about important civil rights leaders and their contributions to civil rights. These activities give students practice w$10.50$16.00Save $5.50
- Are you looking for engaging, Frederick Douglass reading activities? Rap songs are the solution!Based on two Frederick Douglass biography rap songs, these activities will keep your students' attention using song lyrics as reading passages while they practice a variety of reading skills! Easily incor$6.50$9.25Save $2.75
- Are you looking for engaging, black history reading passages? Rap songs are your solution! Based on Black history rap songs, these reading comprehension passages with questions explore empowering, Black history topics while giving students practice with critical reading skills. If you're looking to$37.00$61.00Save $24.00
- Are you looking for engaging, black history reading passages? Rap songs are your solution! Based on history rap songs, these reading passage activities explore exciting, black history topics such as the origins of jazz music and the life of Frederick Douglass. Keep your students' attention using son$17.50$26.50Save $9.00
Based on our Frederick Douglass biography rap song, these reading activities and passage explore the early years of his life from an autobiographical point of view. The song and Frederick Douglass passage present important events during the early years of Douglass' life from birth up to his escape from slavery at age twenty.
This activity includes:
- the song lyrics for use as a reading passage
- multiple-choice, comprehension questions with the answer key
- a short-response, context clues activity: students will define content vocabulary words using context clues in the "Frederick Douglass for Kids Song, part 1"
- a timeline activity with a graphic organizer
- a sequential paragraph activity that utilizes the timeline.
How to use this resource:
- Students will preview the comprehension questions on pages 1 and 2 then listen to the song while following along with the lyrics on pages 3 and 4.
- Next, students will answer the questions on pages 1 and 2.
- Students will then complete the context clues, timeline, and sequential paragraph activities on the following pages.
- The answer key for pages 1, 2, and 5 are located on pages 8, 9, and 10.
*Leave a review if you liked this activity.*
You may also like:
Copyright © 2018 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Music provided by Rujay. Instrumental: "Sippin" by Ihaksi. Channel: https://YouTube.com/user/RujayTV.
*Photos from Wikimedia Commons https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Douglass
Used under / Originals have been digitally mixed with other media
*Font for "Rap Opera ... Kids. History. Reading. Math. And More... School Just Went Beast Mode. Educate. Entertain. Empower!" text by http://www.junkohanhero.com