Studying Frederick Douglass
Looking for an easy-prep mini unit on Frederick Douglass
and his position on slavery in America?
This is a 3 day mini-unit on the writer and abolitionist Frederick Douglass
It was designed for use in a Language Arts, English III course, but could also be used in a Social Studies class or other with a mini study on the author and abolitionist.
Includes 3 days of student centered activities, including:
A reading analysis & prediction activity
An online biographical scavenger hunt
A speech reading analysis activity to be done in a Jigsaw activity
All materials are provided or links are included in the student directions.
Some parts could be used as a homework assignment if desired.
Teacher notes are also included and provide basic directions for the jigsaw activity as well as class ending prompts for each of the three days.
• Dred Scott Supreme Court Case Document Analysis Activity Slavery & Citizenship
• Civil War American Document Analysis Activity
• Civil War Primary Source Analysis Activity BUNDLED Set CCSS
• Civil War and Reconstruction SPRITE Social Studies Graphic Organizer
• Costs of the Civil War Analysis Activity Handout Homework CCSS
• Heroes of the Civil Rights Movement Powerpoint Presentation
• Impact of the Civil Rights Movement Powerpoint w/ Content Statistics
• U.S. History People Task Cards Civil War to Modern Times
• U.S. History Quotes Classroom Posters Bulletin Board Wall Decor Set