These paired passages include a poem and nonfiction passage based on Frederick Douglass. With the push for more rigor and changes in state testing, students are expected to read, comprehend, and respond to paired passages. Pick and choose what activities your students need the most. You could use them all over the course of a week and allow the passage to serve as close reading material. They are also PERFECT for famous American studies or Black History month. These can be used for 3rd or 4th grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 Poetry passage
- 1 Non fiction passage
- 10 Multiple choice comprehension questions with answer key
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort with answer key
- Cause and Effect cut and paste activity
- Constructed/Written Response Task
- Character Trait Task
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational writing
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
If you own the Black History Paired Passage Bundle #1
, please do not purchase this. You already own it. If you are interested in the bundle, click here.
Other Products Available In My Store:
US Government Paired Passages
Franklin Roosevelt and Eleanor Roosevelt Paired Passages
Martin Luther King Jr. Paired Passages
Harriet Tubman Paired Passages
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!