Counting Song: How do you get kids to behave, calm down, clean up, transition, time out, stand and stretch? It’s all made easier with this Counting Song MP3 – a soothing voice counting the numbers 1 – 20 over relaxing music with a soft beat.
This “magic timer” counts numbers like a heartbeat. It is one beat per second, plus intro and fade-out; one minute of music in all. It’s a great behavior management tool to help kids calm their minds and focus on the task at hand. You can replay it for an extended countdown.
It’s also perfect for teaching kids to count numbers 1-20, as the pronunciation is slow, clear and correct.
It’s not just for kids! If you would like a minute of relaxation, then cup your palms over your eyes as you listen to this…
Many Uses Include:
• Teach kids to count numbers 1-20
• Follow along on a number chart
• Dance or stretch between lessons
• Meditate with heads down or eyes cupped
• Time a transition or clean-up
• Time a task
• Make 20 poses, 20 facial expressions, etc.
• Take 20 steps
• Nap time relaxation
• Tutor a small group at the listening center or computer
• Slow your pulse rate by breathing deeply and matching your pulse to the beat of the songs
• Teach kids to skip-count, by saying only every 2nd, 5th, or 10th number
• Count out 20 Cheerios, M&Ms, chocolate chips, beans, etc., and place them on a Number Chart, as you sing along
*****This Counting Song is FREE, so enjoy it...and if you would kindly leave your rating and feedback it would be greatly appreciated!*****
I hope you find this Counting Song MP3 delightful, and if you’d like to try the longer version it’s here:
MP3 length 1:07
Zip File includes PDF with Suggested Uses
© 2014 Renee Dawn
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
For use by one teacher in a classroom setting. Please respect the copyright.
FOR MORE MATH FUN:
You might also like…
The Perfect Lesson Plan -- Rock your observation lesson with checklists, charts, cheat-sheets, tips, class posters, lesson plans and lesson plan templates for K – 5
Behavior Management with Humor -- a creative approach to discipline in the classroom
Behavior Management Ultimate Guide -- a creative and comprehensive resource
NOT JUST FOR SUBS--A GREAT SUBSTITUTE BINDER:
Kindergarten Creative Back To School Ultra Bundle – Lessons, Tips, Rules, Sight Words, CVC Words, Counting Songs, Behavior Management and Bulletin Board Displays
Poetry Writing – Free Verse, Creative – Dazzling Display Pieces for K – 5
How to Draw Series: