PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
4.27 MB | 19 pages
This math mystery activity, “Case of the Super Bad Superhero,” is a great way to add some excitement and fun to your math lessons! Students will be working through a variety of math questions to discover which superhero has gone bad!
In this Grade 3 version, the 5 clues cover the following skills:
- Clue 1: Convert from Expanded Form
- Clue 2: Addition (2-digit and 3-digit numbers)
- Clue 3: Subtraction (2-digit and 3-digit numbers)
- Clue 4: Multiplying by 2s and 5s
- Clue 5: Dividing by 2 PLEASE NOTE: The clues must be completed in the ORDER 1-5 that I have put them in.
Pack also provides teacher instructions, the story, answer sheets, an elimination guide and printable awards.
MIX & MATCH ACROSS GRADE LEVELS TO DIFFERENTIATE/CUSTOMIZE
You can choose a grade level that suits your class best, and/or mix and match across the same clue numbers (except for the Grade 1 Version) to differentiate and customize the math mystery for your students. The Grade 1 version is simplified as a whole and cannot be mixed with the rest. (For example, swap clue 1 from the Grade 2 version to clue 1 from the Grade 3 version to make that part more challenging for some students.)