This powerpoint slideshow is designed to develop phonological awareness in lower primary aged students through:
- letter identification
- initial, middle and end sound identification
- onset and boundary deletion and substitution
- sound counting (segmenting, tracking and blending)
- syllable counting
- nonsense word reading (segmenting, tracking and blending)
-WALT, TIB (why) and WILF
- opportunity for students to recite, recall and apply knowledge
-teacher's notes on most title slides which explain how I use the slides in my classroom.
-animations and colour coding to reinforce meaning
You can modify the slides to suit your kids. Just change words, letters etc or hide and unhide slides as needed. Font can be changed to suit your state/region.
The first and last slides are hidden and will not appear when you run the presentation. They are for your information.
I hope this will save teachers lots of hours! If you like it all I ask is that you leave me some feedback. Any questions please ask.
Also please check out my free 2 and 3 letter initial blends powerpoint: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Free-Initial-Blends-Powerpoint-Warm-Up-Electronic-Flashcards-Lower-Primary-1618655