The last thing I have time to think about is: where can I find a cute printable nature journal that’s free? And now, neither will you, because I made it and will be sharing a new set of nature-journaling printables every month for an entire year!
The toddler and PreK version is here! :-D
Yes, to celebrate the release of my third picture book, A Year With Mama Earth, I’m creating a nature journal inspired by Rebecca Green’s illustrations and the book’s lyrical text.
I’m aiming the printables at PreK (with adult help)-3rd or 4th graders, and plan to include an abundance of STEAM activities: loads of natural science, art, creative writing, and so much more.
A Sneak-Peek At The Topics I Plan To Cover:
- September: Seasons, observation, five senses, autumn, describing words
- October: Leaves, spiders, color wheel, sorting by properties, personification
- November: Gratitude, hibernation/adaptation, clouds, mandalas, similes
- December: Stars/constellations, Venn diagrams, deciduous/coniferous trees, gifts, lists
- January: Snow, birds, winter animals, shelter, collage, bird feeder, action words
- February: Animal tracks, nocturnal animals, states of matter, creating characters
- March: Trees (sap, bark, rings), camouflage, elements of a story
- April: Weather, graphing, buds, spring, metaphor, poetry
- May: Seeds, germination, flowers, plant life cycle,
- June: Bees, pollination, water (lakes/streams/wetlands), summer,
- July: Flying night creatures (moths, bats, fireflies), insect observation,
- August: Frog life cycle, sun (sundial, shadows, seasons), water cycle/evaporation,
Each Month Will Contain:
- Printable pages/worksheets covering an array of topics from plant identification to science, to art and creative writing.
- Activity suggestions or lesson plans for each page.
- A blog post (right here on my blog) with links to even more crafts, activities, educational videos, and nature-themed printables. Speaking of blog post, read on for the…
September Blog Post FULL of resources and links!
**Don't forget to download the STICKERS!!!**