Also included in
- This low prep resource has 264 questions that you can use all year as a "get to know you" activity, conversation starters, or as writing prompts all year long. The questions are related to monthly events and facilitate safe conversation for all students and will help build community in your classroo$11.50$20.00Save $8.50
This free, low prep October resource is an easy way to make sure you are continuing to promote a positive classroom environment all year long! There are 24 fun, October-themed questions that make great morning meeting questions or team builders. As students ask each other questions and get to know each other better, they find out ways they are similar. This helps build trust and a welcoming classroom community.
These cards present an excellent opportunity for students to practice speaking and listening to each other while also promoting a safe classroom environment and team building. Or, use some of the questions as writing prompts (writing paper included) for a no prep October writing assignment!
Some of the questions cover popular October themes like Halloween, Columbus Day, pumpkins, haunted houses, trick-or-treating, and more. There are also other, lesser known October themes included.
This resource is sample of my Ice Breakers and Writing Prompts: Building a Positive Classroom Environment All Year Long Bundle. Save over 30% when you buy!
This resource includes:
- ideas for how to use these question cards with your class
- 24 cards with October themed questions to help you facilitate positive conversation in your classroom
- the same 24 questions on writing paper for you to use as a no prep writing assignment
- a speaking and listening grading rubric
- a writing assignment grading rubric
While students in all grade levels might benefit from this oral language practice, these cards and writing prompts were designed for use with your 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students (upper elementary).
The preview shows everything included in this resource.
Kalena Baker, Teaching Made Practical