This activity focuses on helping students compose numbers, count objects, and then work together on finding the missing addend which completes the whole. When students are ready, they can also move to constructing a number sentence to match.
How will it be useful??
• Math stations
• Small groups
• Easy to differentiate with the varying levels of cards
• Math nights
• Send home with parents to play
So how does this work??
• Students start by selecting a mat (let's use the pumpkin mat as an example)
• The teacher provides spiders or fall colored pom-poms...whatever would make it fun
• The student draws a part-part-whole card
• The first student composes the amount on the first pumpkin
• Both students then work together to decide how many more would need to be added to the second pumpkin in order to complete the whole number listed at the top of the card
What skills do they cover?? (Each set focuses on a different skill)
• Base ten
This FREE set includes one set of cards focused on counting, subitizing, and constructing an addition sentence. Be sure to check out the full version if you love this one!
Be sure to rate this product and God bless!