Woo hoo 800 followers! Doin’ the happy dance.
Thank you so much for helping me reach this milestone.
I truly appreciate my loyal followers.
I know it sounds a bit silly, but it’s exciting and energizing for me to see this number grow.
I hope you enjoy these Silly Shaped Penguins.
They match my Emergent Reader.
I’ve been designing “Silly Shaped Animals” since 2009, when some of my ESL students were having a difficult time remembering 2D shapes.
It all started one January with the silly shaped penguins and has blossomed into quite a menagerie, that my students not only LOVE, but has been extremely successful in helping them identify 2D shapes.
There are lots of ways you can use them.
* Make a laminated set for a wall display or bulletin board. "Shape knOWLedge!"
* Hold them up as giant flashcards.
* Cut them in half to make puzzles for an independent math center.
* Play the game “4 Corners” by selecting 4 and suspending them from the ceiling in each corner of your room.
* Give students a choice and have them make their own.
Older students can write attributes on the back.
I used black & white paper, but you could also offer bright & neon-colored options.
I'm sure your little princesses would enjoy making a purple & hot pink one. "Electric lime green" with turquoise paper, would also make a penguin with pizzazz.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, once again sending out a sincere thank you to everyone who helped me reach this goal.
Wishing you a simply splendid school year, filled with a splash of silliness.
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours. Click the green star button (under my photo) to follow me & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.