This free long vowel digraphs activities set includes two different phonics activities for practicing long vowel digraphs in the classroom or online. You'll receive a deck of Boom Cards and a set of printable clip cards for practicing the following long vowel digraphs: AI, AY, EA, EE, OA and OW.
This set is intended as a preview for, or to be used alongside, the full set of Long Vowel Digraphs Clip Cards and Boom Cards which is available here.
Boom Cards are a great digital phonics activity, perfect for distance learning. Clip cards are a hands-on, tactile way for students to practice long vowel digraphs. Both phonics activities are self-checking and provide instant feedback for students.
These printable and digital phonics activities are perfect for phonics revision. Both the clip cards and the Boom Cards are a great addition to the classroom and can be easily incorporated into a phonics center for first grade, second grade, third grade or ESL learners.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
- 6 printable clip cards - 1 card each for the following long vowel combinations: AI, AY, EA, EE, OA and OW.
- 12 digital Boom Cards - 1 card each for the following long vowel combinations: AI, AY, EA, EE, OA and OW, plus answer cards
- A recording worksheet for students to record the correct answers
- Teachers' Notes including instructions for preparing the clip cards and ideas for incorporating them into your classes
Do you only want the Boom Cards? They are available separately HERE.
For full details of what's included in this phonics activity set, please download the free file.
WHAT THEY'LL LEARN / PRACTICE
- long vowel digraphs: AI, AY, EA, EE, OA and OW
- vocabulary words (pail, stray, dream, seeds, toast and mow)
- handwriting skills - as they record the correct answers on their worksheet
- fine motor skills - as they hold, clip and flip the cards
- digital literacy skills
ABOUT CLIP CARDS
These clip cards are quick and easy to prepare, and instructions are included. To prepare the clip cards, print on cardstock and cut around the edges and down the middle of the page to create two separate cards. Fold each card in half and glue together. For extra durability, laminate the cards. (Full instructions are included.)
Students use clothespins or paper clips to choose the letter/letters missing from the given word, then flip the card to check their answer against the correct one given on the back.
ABOUT BOOM CARDS
Boom Cards are digital, self-checking task cards that are hosted at Boom Learning. A set of Boom Cards is called a Deck.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options, you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
You may be eligible for a free trial from Boom Learning. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial. If you choose not to stay on a premium account after your free trial, you will still be able to assign all your Boom Cards to as many students as you see fit using Fast Play pins (which give instant feedback for decks that are self-grading).
WANT MORE LONG VOWEL DIGRAPHS CLIP CARDS AND BOOM CARDS?
Get the full set of Long Vowel Digraphs Clip Cards and Boom Cards HERE.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
- Alphabet Initial Sounds Clip Cards + Boom Cards
- R Controlled Vowels Clip Cards + Boom Cards
- Consonant Digraph Clip Cards + Boom Cards
- Consonant Blends Clip Cards + Boom Cards: L-Blends
- Consonant Blends Clip Cards + Boom Cards: R-Blends
- Consonant Blends Clip Cards + Boom Cards: S-Blends
OR BUY THE BUNDLE AND SAVE 30%
Remember to leave feedback and a rating for every paid TpT resource to earn credits towards free TpT products! Also, I really love reading your feedback and I use the insights provided by teachers just like you to improve all my resources.
Get notified when new resources are posted by clicking the green ★ above to "follow" my shop. New products are posted at 50% off for 48 hours only. Don’t miss out on half-price resources.
I hope that you and your kiddos love using these activities in your classroom. Please reach out with any questions you have about the resource.