In this set of cards, students get to build the words with a controlled set of letters. This activity is one step easier than using Moveable Alphabets. Here, students have the exact letters that they need to build their words. This activity is helpful for students who have a hard time finding the letters in the Movable Alphabet box.
There are six words for each vowel. The cards have guides that says “c a c” (constant- a-constant), “c e c” (consonant-e- consonant), “c i c” (consonant - i - consonant), “c o c” (consonant - o - consonant), “c u c” (consonant - u - consonant). These guides are on the top cards and at the bottom of each letter which will make it easy to sort each set out.
The CVC Words in Each Set
• c a c : bag, bat, cat, hat, mad, nap
• c e c : bed, hen, jet, pen, pet, wet
• c i c : dig, hit, kid, pig, sip, win
• c o c : cop, dog, fox, mom, pot, sob
• c u c : bug, bus, mud, mug, sun, tub