Social Story Reading Passage
- one social story in 2 formats (one with visuals across 9 pages, another format without visuals across 2 pages)
- 6 vocabulary terms and a communication board to use with discussion
- "wh" question worksheet in 2 formats (one with multiple choices one with written responses)
- sequence activity in 2 formats (one where students write, another for them to cut and paste beginning, middle and end)
- problem and solution worksheet in 2 formats (one multiple choice, one with written responses)
- Assessment Options (fluency drills, comprehension check, vocabulary check)
I created this freebie to use in my own classroom. Many of my students are able to decode but struggle with their comprehension and expressive skills. They also struggle with social skills. Using these passages in reading, we are working on our comprehension as well as our social skills.
I have used these texts across 3 or 5 days of reading instruction. Included is a 3 or 5 day schedule of how to utilize the story and other activities included.
Students will be given the text in various formats and as the week goes on, visual supports can decrease. By the end of the week, students will be reading the same passage but without any visuals. The text will “look” more age appropriate by the end of the week as well.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at any point. I hope this is helpful for your special learners.