One of my favorite ways to celebrate spring and poetry is to combine the two. It's super easy to do...especially with this kid-tested, teacher-approved Spring Poetry Writing Lesson and Craftivity!
In this lesson students will review different parts of speech, develop an understanding of personification, work collaboratively to write a poem, create a draft of their spring poem, revise and improve their writing, and then create a spring kite with their poem. It's the perfect combination of rigor and hands-on learning. This lesson is intended to be a celebration of spring, poetry, and learning!
This Free Poetry Lesson includes:
• Detailed Lesson Plan (with pictures)
• Spring Poetry Writing Step-by-Step Worksheet
• Bag Labels (for cooperative activity)
• Spring Nouns Parts of Speech Cards
• Verb Parts of Speech Cards
• Kite Template (for craftivity)
• Teacher Key (2 pages)
Common Core State Standards – L.1, L.2, L.3, L.6, W.5, W.6, W.10
Check out these super fun Doodle and Do resources for poetry!
- Langston Hughes – Poet and Poem Study --- Doodle Article and Interactive Poetry Analysis Flip Book
- Maya Angelou – Poet and Poem Study --- Doodle Article and Interactive Poetry Analysis Flip Book
You might also like…
- Poetry Writing Unit (11 Days)- 11 days of poetry reading, writing, and fun!
- Learning Ladder --- Making Inferences - Includes 5 interactive activities to help students learn how to make inferences while reading
- Reading Comprehension Skills - MEGA BUNDLE! 9 Mini-Units!
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction