Keep your students engaged through the holidays and the excitement of winter with these free winter activities that fit a wide range of levels! These activities are a snapshot of the full Winter Activities Pack!
Activities are included as both printable or digital Google Slides™ versions.
What’s included in this freebie:
• Snowy Senses: Students use a visual organizer to show how they use their five senses on a snowy day.
• Winter Word Search (1 of 4 levels included in full Winter Activities Pack)
• Winter Vocabulary Cards: (Color or B&W) Use for a matching game or a hang up in your winter writing center (also used as calling cards for Winter Bingo in the full resource).
Hope your students enjoy this Winter Activities Freebie!
What's included in the complete Winter Activities Pack:
• Winter or Winter & Holidays Bingo: (2 options) “Find someone who...” Bingo is a fun way to get students moving, interact, and share their winter favorites. Students create their own Bingo boards, and then play! 2 Cards are included for each the Winter or Winter & Holidays Bingo (full page or half page option).
• Mid-Year Reflections: Students write/draw about areas they have improved in and areas they still need to work on.
• Mid-Year Goal Setting: Students set goals for each of the subject areas for the remainder of the year.
• Winter Favorites: Students write/draw their favorite winter activities, book, movie, song, etc.
• New Year’s Resolutions Balloons: 2 options included (with or without lines for writing) for 3 goals/resolutions.
• New Year’s Resolution Foldable: Similar to an interactive graphic organizer, students cut, glue, and fold to create a 2 page foldable with 4 goals.
• My ____ (year) Memories Movie: A movie reel that students draw and write about 5 memories from the year.
• Snow Day Movie Reel: Students illustrate and write about 5 things they would do on their perfect snow day.
• All About My Snow Day: A record sheet for students to fill in when returning to school from a snow day.
• Happy Holidays: Students illustrate and write about how their family celebrates the holidays.
• Mitten Memories: Where have your mittens been? A fun way for students to tell about 2 memories they have from a winter. Included are 2 options (with writing or illustration only)
• Snowy Senses: Students use a visual organizer to show how they use their five senses in the snow. A Winter Senses option is also included for students unfamiliar with the snow.
• Snowball Fight! Throw Kindness Like Snowballs: Students reflect on 3 or 5 times they have been kind this year. Included are 2 options (3 large snowballs with space for writing, or 5 smaller snowballs)
• Winter Bingo & Calling Cards: 2/page (28 cards total)
• Making Words: Students make words from Wintertime, Hot Chocolate, & Snowflakes. Answer Key is included.
• Break the Code: Students decode a message from the teacher (2 Options). Answer Key is included.
Digital Versions (of Above Activities) Include:
- Winter Vocabulary
- Winter Favorites
- "Mitten Memories"
- Mid Year Reflections
- Mid-Year Goal Setting
- Word Searches (2 Levels)
- "Throw Kindness Like Snowballs" Writing Organizers
- Snowy Senses
- New Year's Resolutions Balloons
- New Year's Resolution Writing
- "Happy Holidays" Writing
- All About My Snow Day
- "My Perfect Snow Day" Movie Reel
- "My Year_____ Memories" Movie Reel
- Making Words (2)
- Break the Code (2)
For tons of fun, low prep winter resources, including winter glyphs and a winter writing journal, check out the Winter Bundle!
The Winter Bundle is also part of the hugely discounted Holidays & Seasons Entire Bundle! This resource includes everything you need for Back to School, Fall, Winter, Spring, and End of Year activities.
More Seasonal Resources: