Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
This YellowBeeLearning smart notebook lesson is a teaching tool designed to cover all four aspects of a phonics lesson – Revise, Teach, Practise and Apply. It includes fun, interactive activities to make the lesson more interesting and engage the children in your class.
This lesson is for the vowel digraph ‘ee’ (long e phoneme), which in the UK Letters and Sounds programme comes in Phase 3, Set 9.
The activities in this lesson are:
- Flash Cards – click on the top card to make it zoom off the screen and reveal the next card. These cards cover the phase 3 phonemes learned so far.
- Cross the River – children choose which words are allowed to cross the bridge by checking if they contain the phoneme shown at the top of the screen. They drag the words across to the other side of the river. If they are correct, the words spin around, and if they are incorrect, the words bounce back to their starting point.
– Teach the ee phoneme using the Jolly phonics story, action and song
- Teach writing the ee grapheme
– Write the word – Children look at the picture and sound out the word. They try to write it in the phoneme frames on their student board, then the teacher can reveal the word so they can check if they were correct.
– Missing Word – There is a sentence with an ‘ee’ word missing. The children read the sentence to a partner and choose which of the three word choices fits in the space. The correct word can be dragged into place, the other two words will bounce back to their original places.
There are differentiated student boards to go with the lesson which can be printed onto paper for the children to complete with pencil during the activities (attaching it to a clipboard helps!) or it can be printed onto card and laminated or put in a wipe clean pocket for the children to complete with a dry-wipe marker.
The Teach section of the lesson is designed to go with the Jolly Phonics teaching scheme and assumes you already have the resources that come with the scheme (the story, action and song), but this page can easily be altered to fit in with whichever phonics scheme you follow in your school.
There will be more lessons to follow in my TpT store shortly and a bundle available so that you can buy a pack with all smart notebook lessons and student boards for a week of teaching along with a plan for the week, detailing all the activities, and a matching homework sheet.
Thank you for viewing my product today - I hope you find it is what you are looking for,