Looking for fun game that targets prepositions?
This freebie targets the prepositions: next to, beside, above, below, in front of, and behind.
Vocabulary targeted is appropriate for young students - Pre-K through K or 1.
• One open-ended game board with a preposition on each space
• 37 preposition flashcards
• One create-your-own dice with instructions
How to Play:
• The students should receive a marker/token and place it on START.
• Youngest player goes first.
• Roll the created dice. This dice has numbers 1-6.
• Move the token to the number rolled.
• The student must then name the correct preposition or create a sentence about the picture (i.e., in front of OR the dog is in front of the dog food).
• If the student is correct, he or she may stay on the space.
• If the student is incorrect, he or she needs to go back to their previous space.
• Play continues until both students have reached the FINISH line.
Additional Play: Use the flashcards during the game. Have the student label both the flashcards and the spot he or she landed on to be able to take the turn.
Feel free to adapt the gameplay to your students' needs!
Please be sure to visit My Blog
for more activities and for a peek into my speech room.
Graphics: Creative Clips by Krista Wallden