Freedom on the Menu is about the Greensboro Sit Ins that inspired that nation during the Civil Rights Movement. During the period of segregation, Connie watches young men stand up for equal rights at the Woolworths’ lunch counter. She sees that people are starting to protest for a change in segregation. Someday, she hopes that all races can equally enjoy life, business, and education together.
The lesson plan is in the format of a prezi which is a 3D format of a powerpoint presentation. Prezis offer a more engaging presentation for students.
Included in the package:
- Prezi- A 3D Lesson plan that is similar to powerpoint, with a 3D effect.
- Lesson Plan in PDF format
A. Common Core Aligned
B. Teaches Cause and Effect
C. Includes background information
D. Modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- Youtube Video (Greensboro Sit In) 6 minutes
- 1 Vocabulary Practice sheet (Cloze Procedure)
- 2 Graphic Organizers (Cause and Effect)
- Comprehension Quiz with ten questions. Answer key included.
- 5 Activities to extend the lesson w/Templates Included
- Write Your Own Freedom Menu Template
- Write Your Own Speech Instructions Outline/Template
- Mock Voter Registration Card
Go to Laura Randazzo’s TpT store and download her FREE step by step guide to open a Prezi.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License