French 1 Houses Culture Unit and Picture Talk | Les Maisons a Travers le Monde
Also included in
- Focus your energy back on your students in your comprehensible French classroom and get all the essentials you need for teaching present tense grammar, high-frequency verbs, and French 1 vocabulary in one place! This proficiency-centered bundle includes Francophone classroom decor, digital interactiPrice $121.01Original Price $151.26Save $30.25
- Never wonder again what you're going to use to teach Francophone culture. This proficiency-centered bundle includes resources perfect for learning cultural competency even through distance learning like the French-speaking country bulletin board activities and webquest. The best selling set of MardiPrice $72.99Original Price $91.24Save $18.25
Take house vocabulary and community understanding to a whole new level through this digital interactive comprehensible input activity for French class! This editable picture talk unit goes through the common features and challenges of types of global communities and houses around the world. Your students will experience deeper cultural awareness and use the ACTFL 5Cs to use products to understand perspectives.
Use this seven day Culture Unit for Google Slides™ to also teach Social Justice to your French 1 - 2 classes. This NO-PREP unit will improve your students' intercultural competence AND presentational writing with picture talks!
This French culture lesson is 72 slides jam-packed with richly layered photos of communities around the world with carefully constructed descriptions and scripts to slowly introduce high frequency verbs and structures.
Whether you're completely remote learning for French or starting with a hybrid model, this distance learning comprehensible activity has you covered.
NO-PREP, ready to use, and student-friendly instructions?
Yes please, let's make social justice doable this year.
Love this resource? Save 20% on more like it in the French 1 Curriculum Kit for CI Teachers
- a customizable, editable slide deck in Google Slides™
- 72 slides total - 7 DAYS OF MATERIAL
- series of scripted pictures with questioning strategies and activities
- Picture talk
- comprehensible input focused practice
- multiple reading,listening, and writing practices
- authentic photos from global communities
- socially - conscious questions on the challenges that each community faces, such as water access, isolation, overcrowding,
- thoughtful reflection questions for students to work through social justice concepts
- NO Prep turn-in option
- great for either full-class discussions or individual assignments
- Self-paced individual activities over multiple days : perfect for distance learning
Follow my TpT store by clicking the green star above to be the first to find out about sales & events!
Read More on the Blog:
You can read more about how I use comprehensible input in my high school world language classes on my blog here.
See this resource in action with lesson plan ideas and related resources in this blog post: French High Frequency Verbs
Ready to switch to proficiency but not sure where to start? CI methods don't have to take over your weekends. This free 9-part roadmap shows you how to implement teacher-friendly strategies in the umbrella of CI and proficiency oriented instruction. Download the Free Roadmap to Transition to Proficiency here
You May Also Like:
1. FREEBIE - Me Voici Digital Activity
2. Black M - Je Suis Chez Moi from TpT Teach for Justice Collection
3. Inductive Grammar with Adjectives:
4. Picture Talk - Les Maisons à Travers le Monde
5. Francophone Virtual Field Trip - Martinique
PSST... Save $$$ on this in the yearlong French 1 Curriculum Kit Bundle for Comprehensible Input Teachers