When you open the game, you will be prompted for a password - please ignore this and click "READ ONLY" to start the game.
LANGUAGE OBJECTIVE OF THE GAME:
• Write full sentences to answer questions about yourself
• Review numbers 1-25
The teacher can use this game as a formative assessment or as review or just to have fun with grammar!
PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Please questions at the end of the description
Each team will need a small whiteboard, board marker and eraser (If those are not available, scrap paper does the job too!)
HOW TO PLAY:
This game can be played individually or in groups. Group games are more fun! To be more effective, avoid having groups of more than three students. Students can make up answers as a group, as long as they are grammatically correct.
1. Teams first name themselves (a French name of course!) and take it in turns to choose a number.
2. Once a team has chosen a number and it is not a bomb, all teams attempt to write a sentence. They must use the verb indicated on the slide to make a sentence that relates to the picture. Teachers can decide on which sentences to accept! I usually let the student make any sentence at all, as long as there is a clear link to the picture.
(Click the picture of the house in the bottom right hand corner to go back to the numbers grid.)
3. The team who chose the number has priority: they show their answer first. If their sentence is correct, they win the amount indicated on the slide. If it is not correct, the other teams show answer and they all have a chance to win half of the amount indicated on the slide.
4. The teacher must keep a record of how much each team wins on the board. (I like to use fake money I printed and laminated and give it for each correct answer! The kids love it!)
5. If a team uncovers a bomb, they lose all their money. There are 6 bombs in total.
6. The team with the most money wins. The game can go on for a long time, so the teacher can choose when to stop it.
You will notice that as students choose a number, it changes colors – this will allow you to track the numbers that have already been called.
QUESTIONS ASKED IN THE GAME:
Comment tu t’appelles ?
Tu as des frères et des sœurs ?
Quel âge as-tu?
As-tu un animal domestique?
Quelle est ta couleur préférée?
Quelle est ta matière préférée?
Quel est ton sport préféré?
Tu es comment?
Qu’est-ce qu’il y a dans ta trousse?
Qu’est-ce qu’il y a dans ton cartable?
Qu’est-ce que tu aimes manger?
Qu’est-ce que tu portes au collège?
Qu’est-ce qu’il y a dans ta chambre?
Il y a combien de pièces dans ta maison?
Qui sont les membres de ta famille?
OTHER TOPICS AVAILABLE IN THIS GAME:
L’imparfait et le passé composé (Free game – see what it looks like!)
Les verbes irréguliers: faire, avoir, être, aller
Le futur simple et le futur immédiat
You can also purchase the template to make your own games! You can add your own questions, edit all the text to change the currency or amounts.
Click here to purchase the template ($7.99)
If you notice a mistake / problem with this game, let me know and I will fix it, send you the updated version, and give you a full refund.
If you would like to create a game with your own questions, message me and I will put it together and add it to the games list.
ALL CLIPART USED IN THIS PRESENTATION FROM
FOR MORE RESOURCES BY TEACH WITH A TWIST:
REMEMBER YOU GET TPT CREDIT FOR LEAVING FEEDBACK!