This bundle includes 15 handouts (that can be used as summative or formative assessments) and a end of unit parent letter with a checklist rubric.
-1 handout: students identify if the scales are balanced (need to use addition strategies to see if both sides equal the same amount ex. 6+1 and 5+2) and circle yes or no.
-1 handout where students need to add the equation on one side of the balance ( 5+ 5) and write in the missing number on the other side of the balance ( 2+ __) ---- 5+5= 2+8.
-3 handouts: Communication based responses. Students look at the scale and identify if the scale is balanced by counting the images on each side of the scale. Students then say whether the scale is or is not balanced and need to explain why (Sample response: The scale is balanced because on side a there are 3 hearts and on side b there are 3 hearts also. There is the same number of hearts on both side so the scale is balanced).
- 1 handout where students need to look at the scale and then need to add to one side of the scale so that the scale is balances.
- 1 handout where students need to remove objects from one of the scales to make it balanced.
- 2 handouts: the students say whether the scale is or is not balanced and need to explain why & how to balance it. They then show on a 2nd scale how they chose to balance the scale.
-2 handouts: students are giving a number (ex. 12 circles) and they need to use their knowledge of doubles to place the correct amount on each side of the scale to make it balances (6 on each side).
- 2 word problems where students need to solve the equations
- 1 end of unit parent letter with a checklist rubric
Be sure to take a look at these resources as well:
French Algebra Bundle l’algebre
French Probability Mega Bundle- La probabilite activites et affiches
French Math Addition Bundle- Doubles and Doubles + 1
French Mental Math and Addition
French Subtraction Bundle
French Ordering Numbers Bundle- Ordonnner les nombres
French Linear Measurement- La mesure
La monnaie- bundle- Canadian coins
La monnaie booklet- Describing Canadian coins
La monnaie flashcards