French Christmas Activities | Le Noël en France Reading
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Focus your energy back on your students in your comprehensible French classroom and get all the essentials you need for teaching present tense grammar, high-frequency verbs, and French 1 vocabulary in one place! This proficiency-centered bundle includes Francophone classroom decor, digital interactiPrice $121.01Original Price $151.26Save $30.25
- How does a whole week of done-for-you French language and target culture Christmas lessons sound? What if I told you these French Christmas reading activities were something you won't find anywhere else? Channel the holiday spirit and curiosity of your French 1 and 2 students with the most unique cPrice $5.07Original Price $7.24Save $2.17
- Never wonder again what you're going to use to teach Francophone culture. This proficiency-centered bundle includes resources perfect for learning cultural competency even through distance learning like the French-speaking country bulletin board activities and webquest. The best selling set of MardiPrice $72.99Original Price $91.24Save $18.25
Imagine igniting the holiday spirit and curiosity of your French 1 and 2 students with the French Christmas traditions of a city in France that time forgot. Transport your students to Alsace with beautiful photos of and comprehensible input paired with the authentically compelling text about les marchés de Noël en France!
Explore with your students the town that the artists from Disney used to design the set for Beauty and the Beast for its 17th century historic charm and Christmas spirit.
Finding a cultural reading with relevant activities that your French 1 students can actually understand can be challenging for comprehensible input classrooms. Look no further for a colorful Christmas activity on the festive traditions in France designed especially for French 1 or 2 novice students!
These Noël en France activities for novice learners emphasize high-frequency verbs while presenting authentic French culture. Yes, you can teach about fun Christmas traditions while presenting real culture in the target language!
In this French culture activity and reading passage on Riquewihr, a small town in Alsace, France, students use the comprehensible and high-frequency present-tense verbs to navigate the new vocabulary. While mastering their new language, they're enjoying the beautiful photos and clear explanations of the Christmas markets via the comprehensive glossary.
It also includes 4 creative and higher-level thinking extension activities.
1. Draw your own market using elements from the reading
2. Write an article for a newspaper for tourists
3. Write a postcard for a friend explaining the traditions of the markets
4. Do online research, explain, and draw the cuisine of Riquewihr.
PSST...Save 20% on this in the French 1 Curriculum Kit For CI Teachers
NO PREP! Just print the reading and pages for extension activities. Have students work through the reading together and then choose their desired project to show their understanding.
The reading in French details the basic traditions with the products, practices, AND perspectives of Riquewihr's history, language, and traditions, according to ACTFL guidelines. Your middle or high school French students will be challenged and still comprehend the input they read, while learning about authentic French culture!
Follow my TpT store by clicking the green star above to be the first to find out about sales & events!
PSST... Save 20% on this in the yearlong French 1 Curriculum Kit Bundle for Comprehensible Input Teachers
Read More on the Blog:
You can read more about how I use comprehensible input in my high school world language classes on my blog here.
See this resource in action with lesson plan ideas and related resources in this blog post: Fun French Christmas Activities
Ready to switch to proficiency but not sure where to start? CI methods don't have to take over your weekends. This free 9-part roadmap shows you how to implement teacher-friendly strategies in the umbrella of CI and proficiency oriented instruction. Download the Free Roadmap to Transition to Proficiency here
You May Also Like:
1. FREEBIE - Me Voici Digital Activity
Digital Interactive Notebook for Back to School in French 1-2
2. Black M - Je Suis Chez Moi from TpT Teach for Justice Collection
Social Justice Song Unit for French 1
3. Inductive Grammar with Adjectives:
French Interactive Notebook for Personality Traits
4. Picture Talk - Les Maisons à Travers le Monde
High Frequency Verbs & Global Culture Unit
5. Francophone Virtual Field Trip - Martinique
Explore Carnival & Martinique with this Authentic Text Project
PSST... Save $$$ on this in the yearlong French 1 Curriculum Kit Bundle for Comprehensible Input Teachers