A very complete set of resources:
- a set of 3 worksheets to revise the colors and the positions in French:
- students prepare a description of a Christmas Jumper (vocabulary provided), they read it aloud to the partner who has to draw.
- students read the text and have to draw the decorations in the room, at the right place and with the right colours.
- students read the text and color the outfit.
- a criss-cross puzzle with definitions in French
- a word search featuring words from Christmas (with images as clues)
- the same word search with the French words instead of the pictures
- a spiral game with 21 words to find
- 'Guirlande de Noël' : The same game as the 'spiral' one but with an easier pattern to read and 2 more words and expressions to find.
The solutions are provided in the resource.
- Flashcards (21 words) in black and white for easy printing and colouring opportunities!
- 2 per pages flashcards (same 21 words)in black and white for easy printing and colouring opportunities!
- card games (16 words and expressions).
- a Karaoke activity: Use this resource to introduce 2 Christmas songs to your classes: Vive Le Vent and Petit Papa Noël. Test their listening skills while revising some grammar and have them sing along!
The PowerPoint has 4 slides:
- 1st= Chorus for 'Vive le vent' made into a karaoke
- 2nd= lyrics to 'Vive le Vent' (to use for the correction of the gap fill)
- 3rd = chorus for 'Petit Papa Noël' also made into a karaoke (I tend to use the version of Arthur H instead of Tino Rossi so the karaoke follows the rhythm of Arthur H's version (see the youtube video 'Arthur H Petit papa Noël tiré de la BO L'apprenti Père Noël). Obviously, it can be used without the music.)
- 4th= lyrics to Petit Papa Noël
- Worksheets to go with the Karaoke activity:
The worksheets are gap fills.
- 1st on Petit Papa Noël concentrates more on the prepositions, link words and some adjectives
- 2nd one on Petit Papa Noël concentrates on the vocabulary
-3rd one on Papa Noël concentrates on the verbs.
- 4th one = lyrics to Petit Papa Noël
-5th= gap fill on Vive le Vent (vocabulary)
-6th = same gap fill, same words to look for, different layout.
-7th = lyrics to Vive le Vent
Please leave a feedback! Thanks. Joyeux Noël à tous.