This fun and engaging activity is a fantastic way to get your students interacting with each other, thinking critically, and learning/sharing about French culture. Your students will participate in a French Concept Sort, in which they will organize, classify, and categorize 25 people, places, things, and ideas from the French-speaking world. This activity is *collaborative* and *student-centered*; it promotes *communication* and *critical thinking*; and best of all, it can be used on the first few days of French class!
What's Included ?
* Detailed explanation of objectives and directions/suggestions for implementing this activity.
* French Concept Sort Worksheet (to be to distributed to students for reference).
* 25 flashcards of people, places, things, or ideas related to French and francophone culture(s).
* 5 blank flashcards that students should use to label the categories they have created in order to classify the flashcards.
* A sheet of 10 blank flashcards in case you would like to add more concepts to the French Concept Sort!
Directions: Bonjour et bienvenue dans la classe de français ! Today, you and your classmates will be taking a closer look at le monde francophone, or the French-speaking world! In your small groups, you will receive an envelope containing flashcards of 25 French concepts. They could be related to French/francophone people, places, things, or ideas. Your task is to sort the concepts... [[See more in the Preview!!]]
Want to try a different icebreaker activity? Here’s my French Scavenger Hunt! Your kids will LOVE this activity!