French Cryptograms - Summer Vocabulary + Study Guide + Translation Work + Quizzes... This is what you and your students need for this summer! It has pages of fun cryptogram to do, but it also has more. Make sure to check the preview and the description below.
These cryptograms are a very good way to learn and revise the French vocabulary related to summer - All the tools are there!
In this document, you can find 30 French words related to the summer time
. They have been divided with 6 words per page with one that has an extra question to answer.
31 pages total with 30 pages that include the following:
1) Study Guide:
Students can learn the words and the translation, which includes their gender, if they are nouns, adjectives, or verbs.
2) 10 Cryptograms:
Attention. Cryptogram can be tricky, so make sure to read its description before. So, instead of having all 30 words in one sheet, I divided the words with 5 Cryptograms that are the same, but are divided with one identified as “a,” which has the vocabulary included for the beginners and the other page, “b,” that do not have the vocabulary, making it more challenging for your students.
For each Cryptogram, students are to:
o Translate the word “summer” in French;
o Find the longest word and start by combining the letters with the numbers given for each letter, then find the words related to summer;
o Translate in English the words that are found in your Cryptogram.
3) Translation page:
An extra page is provided for students to translate the words in English, but they must also say what is the gender and what type of words they are, nouns, adjectives, or verbs. This can be challenging and may be done with the Study Guide, getting them ready for the quiz.
o This page can be a useful way to open up discussions in French, given your students a possibility to practice their pronunciation. Some good ideas is also provided in the document under the description.
4) Quizzes (2):
Included and with one that can be very challenging for the students who did not study. This challenging quiz is actually the Study Guide, but students are now on their own to do it.
5) Answer Keys
This document can definitively help your students learn the vocabulary related to the summer and it can definitively help them increase their French skills with some fun immersion time
(again, ideas for immersion time are given in the description picture shown on the preview and in the document).
If you have questions or would like it to be modified, do not hesitate to contact me!
Carten Educational Resources
You might also like:
- French Summer Word Search + Study Guide + Translation + Discussion
Back to School Material
- Classroom Rules Word Search Puzzles-Back to School or Reminder during the Year!
- Classroom Rules QUIZ with Study Guide - Back to School, First Weeks, Notebook
- ESL Back to School with Who Are We? Nice Ice Breaker Project
- Back to School Find Me Guessing Game
- Task Cards on Getting to Know Each Other
- 126 Task Cards on Getting to Know Each Other
Pronouns, verbs, quizzes...
- ZipGrade French Subject-Personal Pronouns - QUIZZES
- ZipGrade AVOIR French QUIZZES au présent de l'indicatif
- ZipGrade Expressions with AVOIR French QUIZZES
- ZipGrade ÊTRE et PRONOMS French QUIZ au présent de l'indicatif
- ZipGrade ÊTRE French QUIZZES au passé composé
- French Verb To Be… être - Present Simple Tense - FREE Version!
- French Verb To Be… être - Present Simple Tense
- French Verb “to be” – Verbe Être, PRESENT Tense Packet
- French Verb To Be… Verbe être - Past Tense (Imparfait)
- French Verb To Be... être, Interactive Past Tense Packet (imparfait)
- French Dictation / Dictee - Great Grammar, Spelling, and Listening Helper
- French Passport HALL PASS
- French Days of the Week (Jours de la Semaine - Make it Fun with PowerPoint!
- French Passport Vocabulary - Word Search / Mots Caches in French and English
- Forms - Video / DVD in English - Keeping your Students Focus!
Copyright © Andree Carten. All rights reserved by author.