French Cryptograms - Summer Vocabulary + Study Guide + Translation Work + Quizzes... This is what you and your students need for this summer! It has pages of fun cryptogram to do, but it also have more. Make sure to check the preview and the description below.
Great way to learn and revise French vocabulary related to summer - All the tools are there!
You will find more than 30 French words related to the summer time
. They have been divided with 6 words per page with one that has an extra question to answer.
Let your students learn and remember the vocabulary in French related to summer with the following activities and quizzes:
- Study Guide:
Students can learn the words and translation, and can also learn the gender of these words, if they are nouns, adjectives, or verbs.
- 10 Cryptograms:
Instead of having all 30 words in one sheet, I divided the words with 5 Cryptograms that are the same, but are divided with one identified as “a,” which has the vocabulary included for the beginners and the other page, “b,” that do not have the vocabulary, making it more challenging for your students.
For each Cryptogram, students are to:
o Translate the word “summer” in French;
o Find the longest word and start by combining the letters with the numbers given for each letter, then find the words related to summer;
o Translate in English the words that are found in your Cryptogram.
- Translation page:
An extra page is provided for students to translate the words in English, but they must also say what is the gender and what type of words they are, nouns, adjectives, or verbs. This can be challenging and may be done with the Study Guide, getting them ready for the quiz.
o This page is great to open up discussions in French, given your students a chance to practice their pronunciation. Ideas for is also provided in the document under the description.
- Quizzes (2):
Included and with one that can be very challenging for the students who did not study. This challenging quiz is actually the Study Guide, but students are now on their own to do it.
- Answer Keys
This document can definitively help your students learn about French summer words and help them increase their French with fun immersion time
(again, ideas for immersion time are given in the in the description picture in the preview and in the document).
If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact me!
Carten Educational Resources
You might also like:
- French Summer Word Search + Study Guide + Translation + Discussion
- ZipGrade French Subject-Personal Pronouns - QUIZZES
- ZipGrade AVOIR French QUIZZES au présent de l'indicatif
- ZipGrade Expressions with AVOIR French QUIZZES
- ZipGrade ÊTRE et PRONOMS French QUIZ au présent de l'indicatif
- ZipGrade ÊTRE French QUIZZES au passé composé
- French Verb To Be… être - Present Simple Tense - FREE Version!
- French Verb To Be… être - Present Simple Tense
- French Verb “to be” – Verbe Être, PRESENT Tense Packet
French Verb To Be… Verbe être - Past Tense (Imparfait)
- French Verb To Be... être, Interactive Past Tense Packet (imparfait)
- French Dictation / Dictee - Great Grammar, Spelling, and Listening Helper
- French Passport HALL PASS
- French Days of the Week (Jours de la Semaine - Make it Fun with PowerPoint!
- French Passport Vocabulary - Word Search / Mots Caches in French and English
- Forms - Video / DVD in English - Keeping your Students Focus!
Copyright © Andree Carten. All rights reserved by author.