Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.28 MB | 76 pages
Teach colours, months and days of the week with these 12 resources.
DAYS OF THE WEEK
There are four resources within this presentation!
1. Activity on slide 3.
Use as whole class work, where together you go through the days of the week, working on pronunciation. Each time you click the French word will appear next to the English. Initially you can click so they are reading it but then work up to clicking after they have said it. Stretch the more able: Invite students to have a go on their own in front of their peers if they feel confident enough. Alternatively pair a student with good pronunciation to work with a student with weaker pronunciation to work at the computer together.
2. Using slide 4
Matching activity. Print as many times as you wish, laminate, and create sets of cards for matching the English to the French.
3. Slides 5 – 11
This is an alternative activity where you show your students the French and they have to remember the English. At the press of a button the English flies onto the screen. This could also be printed as an alternative display.
4. Slides 13 – 19 A bright and colorful display for your classroom.
MONTHS OF THE YEAR
1. A clever PowerPoint where you can click on the different months of the year on the first slide and it jumps to a slide with that month in French. Great for whole class learning or for individuals or pairs to work at the computer.
2. A second interactive PowerPoint where, as a class you read through the months of the year as they appear on screen, to practice and become confident with pronunciation.
3. A display of the months of the year in French - just print slides 18 - 29.
4. The PDF is a sorting activity. Print, laminate and cut up the months of the year in French and English and ask your student to match them.
There are three activities and a display in this resource.
In the PowerPoint there is an interactive slide where anywhere you click on the color wheel, or on the circles of color, it takes you to a slide with that word in French. Work as a class or group, or set an individual or pair working at the computer.
Also in the PowerPoint is a display of 10 colors in French. Just press print!
There are two PDFs.
One is a sorting activity. Print, laminate and cut up the words so your classes can sort and learn.
The second are the French color words for coloring in.