PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Learning French? These Phonics Cards will help you to help connect the 36 fundamental letters and sounds. Learn to connect sounds to create words and segment sounds to spell words. An amazing asset to French phonics programs like Le manuel phonique by Jolly Learning.
Flashcards français: Lettres et Sons (SASSOON)
Connect the sounds you hear to the printed sound:
· Show the child the letter on the front of the card.
· Say the sound made by the letter i.e. /ssssss/ as in ‘le serpent’.
· Play games to find the letter(s) of the sound that you have just practised.
Record the sound:
· Trace over the letter shape with your finger.
· Trace the shape of the letter in the air, on a friend’s back, in the sand, or on the ground.
Segmenting - Listen for the sound:
· As you… “See it. Feel it. Print It.” Listen for it! Turn the card over and tell the children that any object pictured on the card has the sound in it. Brainstorm to identify the items. Point to each object and name it.
· Ask the child to listen for the sound.
Blending - Push the sound together to read a word.
· Orally blend the sound for the words that are pictured on the card. (i.e. /v-oi-t-ure/ = voiture)
· After the first group of letter sounds have been introduced, look at the printed word and try saying the sounds of each letter or letter combination… that has been taught… and blend them together to read the word!
A time saver for:
· Teachers using reading programs like “Le manuel Phonique” (Jolly Learning Ltd.)
· French Immersion classrooms
· Core French Teachers
You might like one of these Products:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,
Laurie Fyke @ Primarily Learning
Teach – Play – Learn
Save on more great resources! Click here to visit my store!
Please Note: These products were created as supplemental resources to complement teaching programs using manuals like: “Le manuel phonique”. These products were independently created and are not officially endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with Jolly Learning Ltd.