Students need to know how to circumlocute in the target language. Turn Circumlocution into a fun team challenge game for your students. These 4 scaffolded activities will help all of your world language students learn to circumlocute at any level, Novice to Advanced. Circumlocution is my students' all-time favorite activity!
- Handout with 40 helpful words and phrases students can use when circumlocuting (expressions are in French / English, but can easily be edited for any target language). There is also room to add more phrases.
- 39 sample word cards that can be printed for students to use to practice circumlocution with a partner or in groups.
- Detailed instructions on how to do 4 activities that can be used at any level. Activities start simply then get more challenging:
1. Prior knowledge.
2. Whole-class circumlocution practice and strategies.
3. Cirumlocuting with a partner.
4. Team Challenge Circumlocution Game.